2018 Online Registration Information
Race Team registration is now closed.
Club Team registrations are open all season.
Racing registration for our 2018 racing season will be completed online, in partnership with the Alberta Bicycle Association. To join Stony Plain BMX you are required to complete the following steps:
1. Visit the ABA website, create an account and pay for the team fees ($100 | Club Team or $150 | Race Team) along with the mandatory $85 for your ABA license. The ABA license includes insurance and gives you the freedom to race at any ABA licensed BMX facility in Alberta. An ABA license is required to race at any and all BMX races in the province, including local races.
ABA WEBSITE INSTRUCTIONS:
Note that this is an ABA general registration form for all biking licenses (not just BMX), so there are several sections you will need to ignore or skip. Here is what you need to fill in:
COMPLETE: Rider Info
COMPLETE: Club Info (select first option, then select "Stony Plain" in the drop down)
COMPLETE: Membership Type (select the "$85 BMX/Freestyle born 2000-20013" open)
(SKIP): Multi Discipline
COMPLETE: BMX Racing License (select "Challenge" – select the appropriate age group based on the rider's age as of Dec.31.2018 – select "Novice")
(SKIP): BMX Freestyle
(SKIP): Commissaire Info
(SKIP): Manager, Organizers, Coaches
(SKIP): Photo Card ( because you will need to email proof of age anyways, so email both together: photo + proof of age email to: email@example.com)
(proof of age can by almost anything: birth certif, alberta health card, school id, etc.)
COMPLETE: Previous licensing info (select the checkbox: I have not previously held a license)
(below "Previous licensing info" section, complete all fields and checkboxes)
AFTER you have completed the ABA online registration, you will receive 2 email confirmations: 1) very quickly you will receive an ABA zone4 confirmation email of your payment. 2) within a few days our club will receive your registration info
2. Visit our online store and order your Club Team jersey or your Race Team jersey and Race Team zip hoodie (note: free hoodies are exclusive to Race Team members). At checkout you will enter the code supplied in your post-regisration welcome email. This will get you a 100% discount on the included race gear.
3. Visit our online store and order x2 tickets for the Stony Plain BMX pub night taking place on June 2, 2018. Sell the tickets, or even better, attend the pub night to meet other race family parents and enjoy a night out to get some great silent auction items! NOTE: Tickets are limited and will very likely sell out. If you're a member and you visit the store to find that tickets are no longer available, please donate an item to the silent auction valued at $50 or more.
4. Deliver your volunteer deposit at the moto shed on your first race night. You are required to complete 10 hours of race or practice night volunteer work along with one work bee or our year-end casino. The volunteer cheque should be post-dated (ask at the moto shed for more information). We will only cash your cheque if you do complete your required volunteer work.
5. Watch your email for our weekly newsletter, including race and practice night information!